Here are some useful individual movies, longer videos, and podcasts:
- Michael Moore, Where To Invade Next movie.
- Robert Reich, Inequality for All film. Information at inequalityforall.com . Video uploaded to YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_LkMWP2Q2A). As in Al Gore’s film “An Inconvenient Truth,” this award winning documentary is built around a lecture (or a series of lectures): Reich’s incredibly popular “Wealth and Poverty” class at UC Berkeley. For each sub-topic in Reich’s exposition of widening income inequality, the film cuts to footage of real people and real lives, comments by other experts, and some great graphics that make the statistical evidence positively pop.
- Richard D. Wolff, Capitalism Hits the Fan , video of a lecture by an American economist, available as a DVD or for on-line viewing.
Finally, here are some very brief videos and podcasts on very particular topics:
- Washington’s Upside Down Tax Code, Explained( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM00dwJXXmo&feature=youtu.be ) A video from the All in For Washington Campaign ( www.allinforwashington.org ) about the serious inadequacy and unfairness of Washington’s state and local tax system — and how we might go about fixing it.
- What’s Up With Washington State’s Tax System? KCTS Channel 9 video on Washington state’s archaic, inadequate, and grossly unfair state and local tax system. ( https://kcts9.org/programs/in-close/what-s-washington-state-s-tax-system )