There are several ways to get involved and support the work of JUUstice Washington, UU congregations and organizations and our allies and partners.
Join one of our Issue Action Teams!
Thank you for your interest in JUUstice Washington, our UU Washington State Action Network! We are hundreds of Unitarian Universalists working within our congregations and with other faith-based and secular partners to forward social and environmental justice in Washington State and beyond! Folks are busily organizing and taking action on a wide range of issues, from human rights, to the environment, to just governance, and more.
When you become a member of JUUstice Washington you can:
- Get the word out about your justice work (and learn about the work of others);
- Share and pursue your justice issues by joining effective action teams or starting an action team of your own;
- Amplify your effectiveness with legislative activism;
- Get training, information and support to make your work easier and more effective; and
- Get explicit help tackling the trickier challenges of congregational justice work.
JUUstice Washington is always looking for people with a passion for justice work to be part of our organization. We would love to put your expertise to work in the service of social and environmental justice issues.
- Issue Action Team leads. Issue action team lead positions are available for individuals who want to take that next step forward and assist other congregations in their justice efforts in a specific issue area, engage with other UU organizations and help create meaningful relationships with allies and partners. Have an issue that’s not covered in our existing programming? Start up a new issue action team!
- Financial and Fundraising skills. Critical to the health of any organization, are the skills to help raise money and see it spent wisely.
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI). We need a means to ensure that our policies, practices and programs have a strong EDI presence. Skills to help us move forward and create truly equitable organizational environment as well as genuine, effective relationships with marginalized communities, are critical to affecting the change we seek.
- Communications. We have a myriad of communication tools that need to be utilized to the fullest in a timely manner. As technology changes, we also need to keep up-to-date with how we communicate with our existing and potential members, allies and partners.
- Programming. We need ideas! We need a variety of ways to inform, motivate, engage and support our members, congregations, allies and partners in our justice work within and without our issue action teams.
Think you have something to offer (yes, you do!) contact us so we can help you join our family of movers and shakers!
As a small non-profit, we are largely dependent on the financial support of our members and friends. Please contribute what you are able and as often as you are able. The quality and quantity of our services relies heavily on your financial support.
- Contribute online here
- Contribute by check or means other than online, contact us so we can make arrangements convenient for you.
Many are inspired but isolated in these times. There are so many creative roles in justice work. We are initiating a youth engagement project to assist those under 25 yrs old in getting more involved in justice issues in their region and at statewide and national levels. Meet your local community partners. Learn essential skills in justice work. Get great references for a budding resume. Feel free to encourage any youth or parent to connect with us at email@example.com
Have Questions? Contact our administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org