JUUstice Washingon is looking for a person with a passion for supporting social justice activism and the flexibility to use multiple skills to problem solve within a small non-profit organization. Technical skills are a must. A commitment of up to three years is desired.
Essential Purpose of the Position: Partner with other staff and volunteers to ensure the efficient day-to-day operation of JUUstice Washington’s administrative and member services. Manage network communications and records. Support and advance the work of the Board, staff, and volunteers. Applications will be reviewed as received until job is filled.
- Manage Network Communications
- Develop, edit, publish, and/or disseminate communications sent on behalf of the organization or its programs to groups of participants (e.g., using social media, Word Press Publishing, Salsa database, and G-Suite).
- Assist in preparation and dissemination of fundraising letters and campaigns.
- Troubleshoot technical difficulties in the use of the above systems;
- Ensure efficient day-to-day operation of JUUstice Washington.
- Respond to requests for information or action, fulfilling the request, or forwarding the request to appropriate person as needed. Track progress until the request is fulfilled.
- Regularly update the Board President on the number and nature of requests and office related activities.
- Manage network records and handle inquiries required to create and maintain records.
- Assist in the creation, updating, and archiving of all financial, personnel, and corporate files (whether hard copy or digital,) including both legally mandated records and those customarily kept by JUUstice Washington.
- Update the organization’s membership database(s) as new members join and as new information is acquired about members.
- Manage program records and participant follow-up, including:
- Summit registration and breakout group follow-up
- Other programs as requested.
- Assist in the development, dissemination, and analysis of surveys.
- Support and advance the work of the board, staff and volunteers.
- Handle logistical details for board/staff travel, retreats, or non-virtual meetings.
- Commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Policies and strategic EDI goals of JUUstice Washington
- Attend training sessions offered by JUUstice Washington.
- Implement EDI Policies and strategic EDI goals in own work.
- Track EDI-related outcomes in own work.
- Ability to Extend Hours During Summit and Legislative Conference Preparation Periods
Knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience required:
Proficiency in the use of computer programs and platforms for:
- Word processing (particularly Microsoft Word)
- Web publishing (particularly Word Press Publishing)
- Databases (particularly Salsa database)
- Excel spreadsheets
- G-suite (including Gmail and Google Docs, Sheets, Forms, and Slides)
- Social media (particularly Facebook)
- Virtual meetings (particularly Zoom)
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot technical difficulties in the programs and platforms mentioned above
- Bookkeeping experience a plus.
Proficiency in the use of office equipment:
- Voice messaging systems
We’re looking for skills and commitment in the following areas:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure own behavior and the behavior of others are consistent with these standards and align with the values of the organization.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen, and write in a clear, thorough, and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency, and risks; and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organization: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities, as requested.
- Plan: Help develop strategies to move the organization forward, help develop goals, help create and implement actions plans, and help evaluate the process and results of those plans.
- 1-3 years of experience in an office setting (or equivalent)
- Administrative Assistants may work in an office environment or virtually, and, if virtually, will meet with other staff at set intervals.
- Administrative Assistants usually work 6 to 8 hours per week, with opportunities for more hours of employment in the future.
- Administrative Assistants may be occasionally required to work non-standard hours such as attending Board meetings, trainings, or events.
Deadline for Application: Open until filled
Proposed Start Date: June 1, 2019
Pay Range: $13-$15/hour
Contact: Sharon at firstname.lastname@example.org