From Lummi leaders Squil-le-he-le (Raynell Zuni) and Tah-Mahs (Ellie Kinley):
We are traveling to Miami and holding ceremony as part of our Xa xalh Xechnging (sacred obligation) to care for our relation and work to bring her home. Estitem-sen (we are trying our best)!
This hour-long Zoom and Facebook LiveStream event will be held from 2-3pm ET / 11am-12pm PT, and will feature:
• Seminole and Miccosukee opening prayer
• Water Ceremony for Sk’aliCh’elh-tenaut
• a short film about Sk’aliCh’elh-tenaut’s history
• Statement of Solidarity from International Indigenous Leaders
• words from our partners at Earth Law Center, Northwest Indian College, Florida International University’s Global Indigenous Forum, and Whale Sanctuary Project
• Ways for the public to engage with and support the work
• the Blackhawk Singers of Lummi Nation
Event will also be viewable on the Facebook newsfeed on the SacredSea.org homepage.
Bringing Sk’aliCh’elh-tenaut home will help heal her family and ours. Bringing her home will help heal the Salish Sea. Bringing her home be a step in upholding the rights of Indigenous Peoples throughout the world who are working to protect their homes, their relations, and their ancestral ways.
Hy’shqe (thank you)!