UU Ministry for Earth will be at the General Assembly in Spokane, June 19-23rd, hosting two very exciting side events, an exhibit hall booth (#324), “table talks” in the exhibit hall, and presenting at a poster session and in numerous official workshops. We also invite UU congregations and communities to bring a symbolic artistic representation of an endangered or threatened species from your area to General Assembly for a “Procession of the Species” from the Convention Center down to the Spokane River where there will be a prayer at the water and a 30th Anniversary Dinner Celebration at a pavilion in the Riverfront Park. Learn more.
- Thursday 6/20 from 1:30 PM to 2:30 PM — a fantastically music- and art-filled worship service, “Community Arts & Embodied Prayer for Ecological Justice” in the Davenport Grand Meeting Room 10
- Thursday 6/20 4:30 PM to 5:30 PM (UUMFE and UUA Organizing Strategy Team)- Mobilizing for Climate and Environmental Justice
- Thursday 6/20 from 5:30 PM to 6:50 PM — a Procession of Species and 30th Anniversary Celebration Dinner at Spokane Riverfront Park (RSVP HERE); meet on the lawn of the convention center immediately after the last workshop
- Friday 6/21 from 12 Noon to 1:30 PM Organize and Create Climate Justice Poster Session (UUMFE and UUA Organizing Strategy Team) #304 Convention Center Exhibit Hall A
- Saturday 6/22 at 5:30 PM — Dinner outing for UUs of color interested in climate & ecological justice; meet Rev. Sara Green at UUMFE booth #324
- Saturday 6/22 at 9 PM — Sneak preview documentary screening of Necessity: Oil, Water, & Climate Resistance at the Magic Lantern theater (RSVP here)