UU Ministry for the Earth has several calls to action that have deadlines over the next couple of weeks:
- 1) Submit a Keystone XL Environmental Impact Study (EIS) Public Comment by Nov 18th —www.uumfe.org/2019/11/13/public-comment-needed-now-for-keystone-xl-pipeline-by-nov-18/
- The US State Department just released a draft of its most recent study on the Keystone XL pipeline, and this is your last chance to give a public comment on KXL! All comments must be submitted by November 18th, 2019 (as of today only 400 letters have been sent).
- 2) The US House Select Committee on the Climate Crisis is seeking public input on climate policy issues — due by Nov 22nd — climatecrisis.house.gov/inforequest
- The U.S. House of Representatives created the Select Committee on the Climate Crisis to “investigate, study, make findings, and develop recommendations on policies, strategies, and innovations to achieve substantial and permanent reductions in pollution and other activities that contribute to the climate crisis, which will honor our responsibility to be good stewards of the planet for future generations.”
- There is a questionnaire that the Committee needs you to respond to.
- 3) Sunrise Movement is holding another US national climate strike on Dec 6th pushing for a Green New Deal! Support your local youth leadership!! www.sunrisemovement.org/climate-strike
Also be aware:
Kalama Methanol Refinery
- . . . in Washington Faces New Federal Court Challenge (https://biologicaldiversity.org/w/news/press-releases/kalama-methanol-refinery-washington-faces-new-federal-court-challenge-2019-11-12/).
- Sign the WA Department of Ecology petition at: https://www.columbiariverkeeper.org/petition-methanol